How to Use the Safe Email Send To Setting
Safeguard against email spoofing with the Safe Email Send To setting.
How to Use the Safe Email Send To Setting#
In order to safeguard against email spoofing we've added a setting for forms that are using are an email override field. This field is activated by adding a list of emails in the form of comma separated values (CSV). When the field is activated the email override value will be validated against the CSV list; if the email override value does not match a value in the list the email will not be sent.
There are 3 different behaviors that can happen on form submission depending on whether or not the Safe Email field is filled out.
- The field is left blank: on submission the field is ignored.
- The field is filled out _and matches_** the email override value:** on submission Zesty.io will validate the email override value against the Safe Email field value(s) and will send an email.
- The field is filled out and it _does not match_** the email override value:** on submission Zesty.io will validate the email override value against the Safe Email field value(s) and will not send an email.
Adding the Safe Email Send To Setting
This setting can be added via our API with the following JSON body:
Using Safe Email Send To
Before trying to use this feature be sure that it is available on your instance. If it is not follow the above instructions on how to add it.
1. Navigate to Settings and then Contact Form.
2. Fill out the Sending Email Sent To List field with comma separated value(s).
3. Save your changes.
4. Refresh the cache by publishing a file or use the refresh cache button to ensure that the changes you've made have persisted.
Connect with Content Experts
Book a free 15-minute consultation with a content expert. Discuss your application, pain points and requirements. Understand how Zesty's lower total cost of ownership, features, functionality can elevate your business by creating extraordinary digital experiences.
G2 MOMENTUM LEADER